How Do I?

How Do I Benefit From An Online Account At

If you are a current owner of a Tarrant County-based property, you can create an Online Account with TAD and add one or more of your currently-owned properties to your personal “My Dashboard” management screen. “My Dashboard” provides you with enhanced functionality and access to your property’s:

  • Value Notice
  • Property Record Card
  • Value Documentation/Evidence
  • Automated Market Value Review (Residential only)
  • Online Protest filing features w/evidence document upload
  • Online Rendition filing features w/attachments upload (Business Personal Property only)
  • Online Rendition Extension Request filing features (Business Personal Property only)
  • And other enhanced features that are coming soon.

How Do I Change The Ownership Address On My Account?

Home Owners can mail or hand deliver a written request for an address change.

Business owners: from January 1 through April 15th please indicate your address change on your rendition. After the rendition deadline a mail or hand delivered request is acceptable.

How Do I Contact The Gas Well Operator Related To My Mineral Account?

Please refer to this document – Mineral Public Contact 2019

How Do I Create an Online Account and Add a Property to My Dashboard?

If you’re new to, you’ll need your property’s Online Account PIN (see “How Do I Get My Online Account PIN”) and these step by step instructions.

If you already have an Online Account and just need to add a property to “My Dashboard”, please follow steps 4 and 5 on these step by step instructions.

How Do I Download GIS Data?

A complete list of GIS Data is available here.

How Do I File a Homestead / Over 65 application?

To file a Homestead application, or an Over 65 application, please fill out the form located here.

How Do I File a Leased Equipment or Various Location Rendition?

You can file a Leased Equipment or Various Location Rendition by filling out the following form Leased, Loaned, & Owned Assets Rendition and mail the form to the address displayed at the top of the form.

Note: Please email spreadsheets to [email protected]

How Do I File a Rendition Extension Request?

You can receive an automatic 30 day extension by filing online through your personal Dashboard or by completing this request form and mailing it to the address at the top of the form by April 15th.

If you have already received the automatic 30 day extension, you can request an additional 15 day extension by completing and mailing this form to address at the top of the form by May 1st.  The additional extension is not automatic, and you must provide good cause for the extension.  Approval is at the discretion of the Chief Appraiser.

How Do I File an Online Personal Property Rendition?

To be able to file a Personal Property Rendition online, you must first create an Online Account.  You can create an Online Account by clicking here.  If you have already set up an Online Account, then Sign In and go to your Dashboard and locate the Account that you are needing to file an Online Personal Property Rendition for.  As long as today’s date is during the period for filing a Rendition, or you have requested an extension, you should see a Submit Rendition button for that Account.  This button will allow you to file your Personal Property.  Instructions for Filing a Personal Property Rendition can be found here: How To File Your Rendition

How Do I File For a Homestead Exemption Online?

We hope to make filing for a Homestead Exemption an online process in the future, but due to the documentation required our site doesn’t have that functionality yet. [Download the necessary documentation here] and follow the instructions printed on it.

How Do I File My Dealer Annual Declaration?

You can file a Dealer Annual Declaration by filling out the following form Dealer’s Motor Vehicle Inventory Declaration and emailing the pdf to [email protected], or mail it to the address displayed at the top of the form.

Note: A copy must also be mailed to the Tarrant County Tax Assessor-Collector.


How Do I File My Dealer Monthly Tax Statement?

You can file your Dealer  Monthly Tax Statement by filling out the following form Dealer’s Motor Vehicle Inventory Tax Statement and email the pdf to [email protected] or mail it to the address displayed at the top of the form.

Note: A copy must also be mailed, along with any payment due, to the Tarrant County Tax Assessor-Collector.  Payment should not be mailed to the Appraisal District.

How Do I Find Out More About The Way My Mineral Account Was Valued?

Please contact our valuation consultants, Pritchard & Abbott Inc., with any questions regarding the appraisal of Mineral Interests.

Pritchard & Abbott Inc., Valuation Consultants
4900 Overton Commons Court
Fort Worth, Texas 76132-3687

Mineral Appraiser: Kyle Wilson
Division Order Analyst: Lauren Mulvaney

Pritchard and Abbott’s website

How Do I Get a Name On The Account Changed or Removed?

In the case of a spouse’s death, please send in a copy of their Death Certificate along with your request. This will remove their name from your homestead property only.

In the case of divorce, please send a copy of the Divorce with your request. Specifically we need to see the first page, any page showing real property and stating who it was awarded to, as well as the page with the Judge’s signature and date. If there is a name change involved, please include that page, too.

In the case of a name change due to marriage, please send a copy of the Marriage License along with your request.

If your name was change through the court, please send a copy of the court document, signed by the Judge, with your request.

How Do I Get My Online Account PIN?

TAD includes a unique Online Account PIN for your property on the:

  • Residential Sales Survey Letter (see example) which is mailed daily as we process the public deed records of new Residential Real Property owners
  • Notice of Appraised Value (see example) which is generally mailed in:
    • April for Residential and Commercial Real Property
    • May for Residential and Commercial Real Property and Business Personal Property
    • June for Business Personal Property and Mineral Property*
    • July for Business Personal Property and Mineral Property*
  • Business Personal Property Rendition (see example) form or reminder letter which is generally mailed (or emailed if we have it) in:
    • Late December for businesses that existing in our records the previous year
    • January through March for businesses new to our records that year

You can also request your Online Account PIN if you haven’t recently received one of the documents described above.


Mineral accounts are not currently eligible for Online Account PINs. You may contact TAD’s mineral valuation contractor, Pritchard & Abbott Inc., through their website at for additional information.

How Do I Know If My Mineral Account Should Have a $0 Value?

Common reasons for a mineral account to have a $0 value are (1) your ownership interest in the well is very small, (2) the well has very low production, (3) the well is shut-in (not producing), and/or (4) the well is new and has not yet begun production.

How Do I Know If My Property Taxes Have Been Paid?

Please go to the Tarrant County Tax Office account search page to verify whether or not the Tarrant County Tax Assessor-Collector has received your payment.  Some accounts in Tarrant County may also have tax payment requirements to the Grapevine-Colleyville Tax Office

How Do I Learn More About BPP?

How Do I Learn More About BPP?  –  The attached brochure contains a brief overview of exactly what Business Personal Property (BPP) is and some of the important dates and requirements for your business.

How Do I Link More Than One Property To My Online Account?

Once you have set up your Online Account, it is simple to add property accounts you are the owner of.  You will need to sign in to your Online Account, which will then take you to your Dashboard.  At the top of the Dashboard screen you should see “Add Property to Dashboard”.  This will require you to enter the Account # and Online PIN for each of your property accounts.


How Do I Obtain an Over 65 Exemption And What Does It Do?

Persons who are over 65 years of age may file for an exemption in addition to the residential homestead exemption with TAD. If you qualify for the over 65 exemption you would be entitled to a tax ceiling on school and locally adopted city, county and special district assessments. Please note that this exemption would limit your taxes only – not your home’s value – as this could change with prevailing market conditions.

How Do I Protest My Property Value?

There are several ways to Protest your Property Online:

  1. Real Property Only – Set up an Online Account. This will give you full control over each of your properties, including the ability to submit and view your online Protest.  When you Sign In to your Online Account, you can view and interact with all your various property accounts on your personal Dashboard.
  2. You can download and print the Protest form from the Comptrollers website: Protest Form
  3. You can always visit us at our physical location at 2500 Handley-Ederville Dr., Fort Worth, TX 76118 and speak with the customer service representatives at the Appraisal Review Board’s front desk.

How Do I Qualify For AG?

To qualify for AG you must meet certain thresholds and history requirements depending on your agricultural activity.  These activities and standards are discussed further in the attached flowchart and Degree of intensity test. The AG Degree of Intensity Test document can be found here and the Do I Qualify for AG? flowchart can be found here.

How Do I Update My Online Account Profile?

Updating your Online Account Profile is simple!  Once you have signed into your Online Account, you will be able to update your email address, User Name, and password by following the Update Profile and Change Password links under the My Account dropdown menu.

How Do I Update The Mailing Address Of My Mineral Account?

Please contact the operator to update the mailing address as well as contacting the Tarrant Appraisal District mineral department at [email protected].  See question above:  How Do I Contact The Gas Well Operator Related To My Mineral Account?

How Do I View a Value Notice?

Value Notices are mailed beginning in April through the summer of each year. Not everyone will receive a Notice every year. If you expect you should have received one, you can access your online account to view a copy. If you haven’t received your value notice or if you need another copy, please Log into your Online Account by clicking on the Login button in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

Once you have signed into your Online Account, follow these steps:

  1. Locate the Account on your Dashboard that you are interested in viewing or printing the Value Notice.
  2. Click the View Documents button on the expanded view of your property. Once you click the View Documents, you should see your documents beginning to load for the current and prior year, which includes your Value Notice.
  3. Click on the Value Notice button and you should be able to view, print, and download the report.